Change of Campus Student Information
The Business Career Center offers resources and services specifically for the commonwealth campus population. Learn more below!
Stay on Track with the Smeal Career Checklist
The Change of Campus Smeal Career Checklist can help you make sure you’re staying on track with your career before you even set foot on UP campus.
Take BA 297: Career Planning & Strategies (1 cr)
Meet the BCC at your campus!
Many campuses have a Smeal Career Prep group session and 1-on-1 career coaching meetings at least once per year. Check your email or campus career office for details!
Watch Smeal Career Prep Webinars
Smeal webinars are offered in November and April for freshmen and sophomores and August for incoming juniors. Tune in for important dates, timelines, and tips on a successful transition to UP! Check the Events page for details.
Craft a Smeal Resume
Attend Smeal fairs and events
Smeal hosts a mock career fair, MegaFair, Corporate Partner Career Fair, Supply Chain Career Fair, Actuarial Science Career Fair, and marketing career fair. Check the Business Career Center Events page frequently and contact a career coach for guidance on how to prepare for these events.
Meet with a career coach at your campus
Every campus has at least one professional staff member who can offer guidance on career topics, discuss resume-building experiences, and help familiarize yourself with job and internship postings on Nittany Lion Careers!
Want to stand out even more?
- Build your LinkedIn profile using tips on the BCC website
- Sign up for a Smeal alumni mentor to build your network and get internship and job search advice
- Explore study abroad options through the Smeal Office of International Programs as early as possible
- Request informational interviews with professionals to learn about their experience and explore career paths
- Invest your time in meaningful activities that enhance your skills and professional development
- Network with companies at career fairs and other events before junior year