Career Fair Prep Tips
Career Fairs are an integral part of the job and internship search process. They are an opportunity to connect with multiple employers at once to learn about their available positions and career paths and help you stand out in the recruiting process by making in-person connections with individual employers.
Before the Fair
- Review the Virtual Career Fairs resource page to understand how to make the most of virtual career fairs
- Attend the Career Fair Prep programs and company information sessions
- Research organizations and be prepared to answer “What can you tell me about our company?”
- Apply for positions in advance
- Prepare your elevator pitch – need tips? Check out our Networking & Elevator Pitch handout. This resource is also available in a Microsoft Word document.
At the Fair
- Prioritize the list of employers you want to see and don’t approach your #1 first
- Review your notes before getting in line
- Give yourself plenty of time to talk to all of the employers you have on your list
- Ask for contact information at the end of the conversation
- Bring lots of copies of your resume in a professional padfolio
Hear an example elevator pitch!
After the Fair
- Follow up
- Apply online if you haven’t yet
Stay updated on career fairs and information sessions surrounding career fairs on our event page.