Students engage in these activities through the Nittany Lion Careers system, Career Fairs, and networking opportunities. The system policy is listed here. However, there are additional Smeal policies listed below:
- Underclassmen will NOT apply for co-ops unless they have completed all ETM’s.
- To be fully considered for a job opportunity, students must follow all instructions in the Job posting which may include submission to an employer’s job site in addition to applying through Nittany Lion Careers.
- Students will show up to interviews on time and dressed appropriately.
- A student will attend an interview when selected by employers.
- Students will stop interviewing once an offer has been accepted.
- Students will appropriately ask for an extension on offers to avoid reneging.
- Students will fulfill all agreed upon internship commitments.
- An intern will adhere to the rules of the employer and laws of the country in which they work.
- Students will abide by the policies set forth in this document, as well as, those stated in the Nittany Lion Careers policies.
- Failure to follow job posting instructions may result in an employer not considering you for a position.
- Submitting your resume to a position and then declining to be interviewed if selected by the employer will result in your Nittany Lion Careers account being BLOCKED.
- Canceling an interview for any reason once you have scheduled it will result in your Nittany Lion Careers account being BLOCKED.
- Arriving late to a scheduled interview will result in your Nittany Lion Careers account being BLOCKED.
- Failing to show up for a scheduled interview will result in your Nittany Lion Careers account being BLOCKED. You will also be required to write an apology letter to the company in question and deliver it to Krista White in 114 Business Building. The letter must include proper postage.
- Reneging on a job offer that is obtained through any channel will result in your Nittany Lion Careers account being permanently BLOCKED*. You will NOT be permitted to enroll in BA 395A for future internships or co-ops. Your academic department will be notified.
*NOTE: permanently blocked means that you will also not be able to access the system as an alum.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.