So you’ve been preparing relentlessly for that interview. You finally get called in by the recruiter and soon you’re nearing the end of the interview. Your palms may be sweating or your stuttering may be showing, what can you do now to show the recruiter your genuine interest?
When the recruiters are finished with their questions for you, they would ask “What questions do you have for me?” This is the chance to show how much passion you have for this company and role. These are a few of the questions you can ask that will set you apart from other candidates. Of course, each company can be tailored so there is not a one size fits all for these questions.
Questions to ask at the end of the interview:
- What is the typical career path for this role?
- What is one thing you love about this company?
- What is one thing you wished you could change about this company?
- Why did you become a recruiter for this company?
- After everything that we went over today, do you have any feedback for me?
- What is the interview process from the beginning until the end?
- From our brief conversation today, what to you stands out about me as a candidate?
- What else can I do on my end to show you that I’d be the ideal fit for this position?
Overall, questions at the end should be for you to understand more about the company and if it’s a good fit for you. This does not mean that you can’t be a little aggressive in pushing your personal agenda to show your confidence in your skills. Good luck in the interviewing process and remember, this takes practice!