Companies and employers are putting greater emphasis on asking candidates questions that will help them identify candidates’ values in areas of honor, integrity, diversity, & sustainability. Warren Buffett advises leaders to weigh integrity above all traits when assessing job candidates during the interview process so below are some sample questions that may be asked during interviews.
- Tell me about a specific time when you had to handle a tough problem that challenged fairness or ethical issues. What happened and how did you respond?
- When was the last time you “broke the rules”? What was the situation and what did you do?
- Describe a situation where you saw an employee or co-worker do something you thought was inappropriate. What did you do?
- When working with people, how would you describe your preferred relationship with them?
- What values do you appreciate the most in a team environment?
- If you ever got into a bind with a client, would you be willing to tell a little lie to help your company out?
- What would your current/past manager say makes you most valuable to them?