Check out these boot camp opportunities including Wall Street Boot Camp and Real Estate Bootcamp!
Wall Street Boot Camp
Wall Street Boot Camp is a program initiated in 2007 by Robin Stevens and Randy Woolridge. It is designed as a training program to better prepare students who aspire to careers in the highly competitive field of financial services. The program has been highly successful in serving dual purposes. It provides a true glimpse of the dedication and focus needed to succeed in a career on Wall Street. This preview allows for the candidate field to be narrowed to only the most aspiring individuals. Also, the program’s targeted approach ensures that students completing the program will be sufficiently prepared to utilize the Smeal network of volunteers.
- The program requires a full semester commitment for certification, and it is offered in both the fall and spring – 45 slots available
- Sessions are held every Friday at 2:30pm in the Business Building. Each session lasts 90 minutes
- ELIGIBILITY – freshmen, sophomores, or juniors who exhibit academic strength, leadership, and relevant experience indicating the potential for success in the industry
- Sessions cover various career paths in the field including, but not limited to, sales and trading, investment banking, and private wealth
- Students are instructed and evaluated on resume, interview, communication, and networking skills. Homework will be assigned, and must be completed prior to the following session
- Participants are evaluated on their self-awareness and knowledge of the industry at the end of the program in a mock Wall Street interview conducted by the officers of the Nittany Lion Fund
- Each student who successfully completes the program receives an embossed certificate, access to the mentoring list, and a personal endorsement from Robin Stevens and Randy Woolridge
HOW TO APPLY
- Application for Spring 2020 Wall Street Boot Camp is now open at this link. Applications must be submitted by December 20, 2019. Only freshmen, sophomores and juniors are eligible.
- Important: to be considered, all resumes should be one page and named as follows in PDF format: Last Name_First Name_GPA_Year.pdf. If you are a freshman and don’t have a Penn State GPA, please use your high school GPA as follows: Last Name_First Name_4.0HS_Freshman.pdf.
- Accepted applicants will be notified before the beginning of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Questions: Contact Kyle Yousif at firstname.lastname@example.org
BONUS BOOT CAMPS
Bonus Boot Camps are sessions, open to all students, presented by Wall St professionals on a wide range of topics relevant to the financial services industry. Presentations have covered such topics as private equity, venture capital, real estate investing, Fin Tech, fixed income trading, wealth management in a family office, innovation and global currency to name a few. Bonus sessions are advertised on the Smeal College list serves as well as through various student organizations. Ads announcing sessions are also placed on the plasma screens located in the Business Building. Reservations are required due to limited seating with instructions on how to RSVP on the ad. Sessions are typically held in the Rogers Family Trading Room.
Real Estate Bootcamp
The Real Estate Boot Camp provides opportunities for students to engage with top leaders in the real estate industry in events such as panel discussions, mock interviews, and site visits. For a list of activities and events or to submit an application visit: https://www.smeal.psu.edu/ires/ires-boot-camp