Career Development opportunities include one on one career coaching appointments with Career & Corporate Connections staff, recruiters offering appointments on campus, networking/professional development events or through classroom experiences.
- Students will come prepared and on time to any scheduled appointment to include appointments through the Career Coaching appointment system or the SmealConnect system (Recruiter in Residence)
- An RSVP to an event confirms that a student will attend, and it should be honored.
- The standard for cancelling a career coaching appointment requires 24 hour advanced
Notice. Other events may feature alternate cancellation deadlines.
- Students should maintain professional etiquette, both written and verbal in all correspondence with employers and Smeal staff.
- Student professionalism should extend to the customary classroom experience in addition to career development outlets such as BA 297 and Wall Street Boot Camp.
- Failure to attend a scheduled career coaching appointment will result in loss of scheduling privileges.
- Students can only schedule two appointments at a time. Students can schedule additional appointments after completion of one appointment.
- Students that twice cancel or no show on the day of the meeting scheduled through the career coaching appointment system will be locked out of the system until further review.
- Failure to attend appointments scheduled through SmealConnect, such as Recruiter in Residence, will have their system privileges revoked until further review.
- Students that fail to honor an RSVP commitment, such as an etiquette dinner, may be charged for event costs incurred as a result of their expected attendance.
Ashley Rippey, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org