Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
What is the Management Development Program?
Hajoca’s Management Development Program is a training path for candidates interested in becoming a manager of a Hajoca location.
Bright, driven individuals (industry experience not necessary), learn every aspect of the distribution of plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies through a rigorous three-year rotational program.
You’ll rotate through job functions in all parts of the business and work alongside a highly dedicated team of people who handle everything from stocking the warehouse to computing financial statements to generating business and much more. This is valuable training that will stick with you once you complete the program and get promoted. As a manager, you’ll be making all of the decisions for the business from who to hire, what products to sell and for how much, and how to better engage customers through sales and marketing. You will truly be an entrepreneur, running your own business.
Why Choose Hajoca?
· We have a culture of entrepreneurship. If you are comfortable with autonomy and accountability, you’ll fit right in!
· Career growth at Hajoca happens quickly, thanks to our three-year development program.
· We offer hands on and extensive training, and you’ll work with a mentor every step of the way.
· Hajoca is a large organization with a family feel. Because of our decentralized model, each location really has its own culture.
· Your hard work will translate into financial success. You will start with a competitive base salary, and with sales incentives and profit sharing bonuses, you’ll have the opportunity to increase your earnings just 18 months into the program.
Let’s start with what we don’t require… your college degree need not be related to management and any work history or job experience need not be industry related.
What you do need:
1. A Bachelor’s degree with a solid GPA
2. Demonstrated leadership in educational, athletic, professional or social activities
3. Passion for challenging and rewarding work
4. A competitive spirit and a take-charge attitude
5. Willingness to relocate
6. A 90 MPH fast ball…
…OK, we’re kidding about the last one!
Seriously speaking, we seek quality over quantity for our Management Development Program. We take the raw potential of our management trainees and cultivate it. If you have drive and imagination, if you set high expectations for yourself and have the determination to exceed them, it’s time to consider Hajoca as the place to start your future.
To learn more about this career opportunity, please visit www.hajocacareers.com. Here you can see a message from our president, meet current trainees and read a current trainee’s first-hand account of being in the Management Development Program.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.