Why become a Transactions Intern?
As an Intern you will have an opportunity to work alongside Partners, Senior Executives, and peers as a member of the engagement team. ?Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Grant Thornton team.? Your experience will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
- Networking with your peers
- Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions
- Connecting with fellow interns and Grant Thornton staff at social events
- Participating in team-building exercises
- Giving back to the community through outreach activities
- Sharpening your leadership skills
What are we looking for in a Transactions Intern?
Interested candidates should display an affinity for learning and problem-solving skills as well as have the adaptability to work cross-functionally within the Transactions practice. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton’s core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Bachelor’s, MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites (as needed)
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
- High level of expertise with computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Highly analytical with expertise in financial analysis and modeling, econometrics, statistics, and regression analysis.
- Desire to pursue applicable professional certifications (e.g. CPA, ASA, CFA, CVA, ABV, AVA CIRA, CTP, CDBV, PMP or CSCP)
Grant Thornton provides both local and national training programs related to an individual’s job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.