Interviewing for this position will begin in February 2021.
Candidates who receive an offer for our 2022 internship program will also be invited to attend our 2021 Pathway to Success summer leadership program!
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. The Core Tax Services Intern will be responsible for utilizing his / her educational background as well as organizational skills in the service of firm’s client base through the preparation of returns and extensions under the supervision of more experienced Core Tax Services professionals. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm’s practices and people, as well as beginning to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
-Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or other relevant field required
-Must be current Sophomore or Junior and have a graduation date of August 2022 or later
-3.0 minimum GPA
– Leadership experience preferred
– Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to follow instructions as directed
– Ability to work effectively in a team setting
– Positive attitude and willingness to learn
– Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
– Ability to prepare simple tax returns