International Students – MUST check with the Office of International Students after accepting an offer. The office is in 410 Boucke Building. If gone for the summer, you may have to take BA 395A for credit regardless of job type.
Sophomore Students – if you are planning to take off a semester to do an internship or co-op, you MUST check with your academic advisor PRIOR to accepting the position. You will need to verify that you will be able to meet all of your entrance-to-major requirements within the credit window so that you able to declare your Smeal major.
Problems at Work?
- First and foremost, it is important to clearly discern between a problem and a part of the job that is not enjoyable.
- If there is a problem, discuss the situation with your supervisor.
- When possible, go to your supervisor with a solution to the problem and not just a complaint.
- Give the problem a reasonable amount of time to be resolved.
- If there is no resolution to the problem, contact Smeal with DETAILS AND FACTS about the situation. Contact Krista White.