International Student Orientation Leader
Location: United States Experience Type: Mentorships
Apply here: https://hr.psu.edu/careers
Penn State Global Programs office seeks a diverse team of aspiring undergraduate or graduate student leaders to serve as Orientation Leaders during Orientation for the Fall 2021 semester. Orientation will take place from June through August 2021. As a part of Orientation team, Orientation Leaders play a key role in providing a quality initial experience for all incoming first-year students.
Currently, we are planning a remote orientation. If health and safety conditions permit, some activities may be conducted in-person.
Roles and Expectations for Orientation Leaders:
- Will serve all incoming first-year international students
- Will provide an introduction to and act as a representative of the Pennsylvania State University and its campuses
- Will provide orientation programming through the following technology/set up: computer, video capability, high-speed internet, headphones, professional working environment
- May conduct in-person orientation activities, conditions permitting Primary Responsibilities include:
- Creating a welcoming environment for new Penn Staters
- Maintaining appropriate presence, virtual or in-person
- Facilitating small groups
- Responding to questions from new students and their guests during live virtual panels
- Being available for individual remote meetings with students
- Monitoring new student progress in an Orientation Canvas course
- Using social media to engage new students
Orientation Leaders must work cooperatively within a team of fellow student leaders to accomplish tasks, respond to questions from students and families about university life using personal experiences in a professional manner, and encourage students to establish meaningful connections with other first-year students. Members of the Orientation Leader team must be flexible and adaptable, accessible and engaging.
Orientation Leader Eligibility. Eligible students have or will be:
- A current full-time Penn State student who plans to be enrolled at any Penn State campus in fall 2021
- Obtained at least 24 credits by the end of the spring 2021 semester
- Maintained a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Agree to a student conduct check and standard hiring background check
|Sponsor:||Penn State Global Programs|