On June 7, we will begin our application boot camp for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program. Fulbright is the largest U.S. exchange program offering recent graduates, graduate students, and young professionals with opportunities to undertake international graduate study and advanced research, as well as to assist in teaching English in primary – university settings worldwide.
This year’s bootcamp will begin with a special presentation led by the Fulbright U.S. Student Outreach & Recruitment Team at the Institute of International Education. Other boot camp sessions will be held Tuesdays from 2:30 – 3:30 PM 2 Eastern over Zoom and help students in identifying an appropriate country and grant type, as well as preparing a competitive application.
Summer 2021 Fulbright U.S. Student Program Boot Camp
Below is a list of the Fulbright workshops and their Zoom registration links. The series will begin with a general presentation by the Fulbright U.S. Student Outreach & Recruitment Team at the Institute of International Education. Other events are co-sponsored by University Libraries. All times are in U.S. Eastern Standard Time.
General Presentation Session by IIE
- Monday, June 7th at 4pm
- Zoom link: https://apply.iie.org/register/6.7General
Selecting an Award Type and Choosing a Country
- Tuesday, June 15th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3kYUa8lRQOap8qylYAjm4g
Personal Statement: Telling Your Story Effectively
- Tuesday, June 22nd at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_XVW2QwFvQoKIa84RCAbWGg
Statement of Grant Purpose
- Tuesday, June 29th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link for English Teaching Assistant grant applicants: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_h55ymucRSfO3aNRsiubkZA
- Zoom link for Study grant and Research grant applicants: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3bdSUf6SR3GQfbTR0lx4Ww
Approaching the Short Answer Questions: Writing Your Book Jacket
- Tuesday, July 6th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dWIvSW2bRD-kAwHFRzQkrg
Show and Tell: Host Community Engagement Plans
- Tuesday, July 13th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9jDpuNvKQ1S7BDSDyYWMLA
Identifying Recommenders, Affiliates, and Foreign Language Evaluators
- Tuesday, July 20th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pQoFEEhUT6Gl2L-XYcQrvA
- Tuesday, July 27th at 2:30pm
- Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SoLlpswgT5GTWp8EHOJv3g
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or nationals at the time of application (Fall 2021) and must have earned at least a Bachelor’s, but not a PhD by the start of the grant (Fall 2022).
Questions can be directed to Caitlin Ting, director of URFM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Research and Fellowships Mentoring is part of the Penn State Office of Undergraduate Education, the academic administrative unit that provides leadership and coordination for University-wide programs and initiatives in support of undergraduate teaching and learning at Penn State. Learn more about Undergraduate Education at undergrad.psu.edu.