Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military personnel. Today, of course, the company has grown to provide insurance to a wide range of customers, whether they’re employed by Uncle Sam or the private sector.
How many customers does GEICO serve?
- More than 16 million auto policies in force and growing
- GEICO insures more than 27 million vehicles
Just The Stats On GEICO
- Tony Nicely, Executive Chairman
- Bill Roberts, President and CEO
- Second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States (A.M. Best)
- One of the fastest-growing major auto insurers in the U.S.
- Employs more than 40,000 associates
- Maintains 17 major offices around the country
- Provides 24-hour service, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Seven affiliated companies to meet insurance needs of drivers