Undergraduate Business Case Competitions
Case competitions are a great way to truly demonstrate your business acumen by combining the education you receive in the classroom and the real-life experiences or situational context to a given business case in order to resolve a complex issue. These case competitions utilize partnerships with companies or can be hosted by Penn State student clubs or departments. You can view information about upcoming competitions and how to apply or participate below.
Company-Sponsored Case Competitions:
GE Healthcare Case Competition:
- Please include a 200 word write-up about your area of passion (finance, information technology, engineering, operations, manufacturing, design, sales or communications) by Friday, February 23rd to: SLC.Application@ge.com
- Students selected to present will be invited to presentations held on the University Park Campus, Friday, March 16, 2018. Lunch & Snacks will be provided.
Johnson & Johnson Case Competition:
- Teams can consist of 5-7 members
- Each team may have only 1 senior
- Each team can only have a maximum of 2 members that competed last year
- 3 team members must be Accounting or Finance Majors. All majors welcomed!
- Single students may submit their resume, and we will form a team for you!
- The kickoff event will be held Tuesday, March 13th @ 5PM Business Building Room 106. Casual Attire— Dinner & Networking following the event! Johnson & Johnson recruiters will be in the Business Building Atrium all day to answer any questions!
- On-Campus Competition will be held Friday, March 23rd in the Business Building.
- Winners advance to J&J World HQ Competition in New Brunswick, NJ.
- All travel arrangements will be provided by J&J
- Finalists may compete for a shot at $5,000 in cash prizes!
Contact Caroline Farina (cfarina@ITS.JNJ.com) to register or with any questions or concerns.
L’Oreal 2018 International Case Competition – Brandstorm
Date: Teams of 3 are to sign up before January 29th at www.brandstorm.loreal.com
– April 12-13, 2018 – Presentations to L’Oreal Senior Executives
– Week of May 14, 2018 – Final Round presentations in Paris, France
More Information: www.brandstorm.loreal.com
Principal Challenge in Analytics Innovation
Date: Final Submissions due in late January
More Dates: April 19-20, 2018 at the University of Iowa
More Information: www.IdeaConnection.com/principal-challenge
Target Case Competition
Dates: January 31st from 7pm – 8pm – Kickoff/Case Release (060 Willard)
|January 31: 7pm – 8pm – Kickoff/Case Release (060 Willard) (At least 2 team members required to attend)|
|February 11: 11:59pm – 3-5 minute video submission due|
|February 14: Final four teams selected|
|February 21: Final four teams present to Target representatives and judges|
Audience: Open to ALL students and ALL majors!
For more questions, please contact Douglas McAcy at email@example.com.