Undergraduate Business Case Competitions
Case competitions are a great way to truly demonstrate your business acumen by combining the education you receive in the classroom and the real-life experiences or situational context to a given business case in order to resolve a complex issue. These case competitions utilize partnerships with companies or can be hosted by Penn State student clubs or departments. You can view information about upcoming competitions and how to apply or participate below.
KPMG Innovation & Collaboration Challenge – Case Competition
Innovate. Disrupt. Transform. Spark a new interest, ignite your creativity and show the world what you can do. Collaborate and bring your ideas to life with some of the brightest minds from around the world.
Does your team have what it takes to make it to the international finals in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
- Student teams must consist of 4 members to compete – no more, no less – with at least 1 male and 1 female on the team.
- All team members must be currently enrolled at PSU in year 1, 2, or 3 of their studies. Students may not be in the final year of their studies, and cannot be MBA, PhD, or other advanced degrees. Seniors in a five year MAcc program are the only exception allowed.
- At least 1 member is required to be an intended or declared accounting major. However, the most successful teams in prior years have included a variety of majors! Not required, but one team member who has information sciences curriculum is preferred.
- Team members may not have a signed offer (internship or fulltime) with a KPMG competitor.
- All team members must be currently authorized to work in the US without need for visa sponsorship now, or in the future.
- Students are able to sign up as individuals, however if the competition reaches capacity preference will be given to those with already formed teams.
Want to participate? Apply here by October 26th, 2018!
Competition key dates:
Fri, Oct 26th – sign up closes
Wed, Oct 31st – teams announced via email
Fri, Nov 2nd – challenge emailed to participating teams, presentation time slots sign ups are open
Mon, Nov 5th – Innovation Challenge on campus!
The PSU campus winner will move on a Semi-Final Competition in one of 5 U.S. cities around the country on January 17-18, 2019.
- From that group, one team will be chosen to compete in the U.S. Final Round Competition in New York, New York on February 21-22, 2019.
- The winning team in NYC will go on to represent the U.S. in Buenos Aires, Argentina on April 8-12, 2019 to TAKE ON THE WORLD!
Watch this video to learn more!