Find Resume Building Opportunities with LionLink Projects
LionLink Projects is a new initiative to connect Penn State alumni with students and recent graduates through project-based work. Using LionLink, alumni post projects that students or recent graduates can complete within 2-8 weeks. These projects provide opportunities to get real-world experience and build your résumés by applying the knowledge you have learned in the classroom. In turn, alumni who sponsor projects gain support for their company or organization from talented Penn State students and new graduates.
Is LionLink Projects for you?
Do you need tangible experience to demonstrate your skills to a potential employer?
Do you have10 to 40 hours available over the next 2 to 8 weeks?
Do you need to build professional connections?
Do you want to apply the knowledge you’re learning in class?
Sample LionLink Projects:
- Creating a social media campaign
- Designing a website
- Creating a logo
- Analyzing data
- Supporting a fundraising event
- Conducting research
- Researching and writing grants
- Performing SOE analysis
- Drafting or forecasting budgets
- Conducting market analysis
- Creating or mapping data
- Editing books or videos
- All projects must be completed virtually
- Projects can be paid or unpaid
- Projects will be posted April 25 and May 13. Check the Projects page regularly for new opportunities.
- We recommend visiting your career services office or website prior to applying to have your resume reviewed and brush up on your interviewing skills.
- The deadline to apply for LionLink Projects is May 27.
How to View and Apply for Projects
Step 1: Log into your LionLink account. If you do not have an account, visit https://psulionlink.peoplegrove.com
Step 2: Review Project opportunities located under the “Projects” tab.
Step 3: Apply to projects.
LionLink Projects Summer 2022 Timeline:
April 25 – May 13, 2022 – Alumni Project Sponsors can submit project proposals.
May 27, 2022 – Deadline for students and recent graduates to apply for projects.
June 10, 2022 – Alumni Project Sponsors should “hire” for their projects.
July 29, 2022 – Project work should be completed.
More information can be found on our website, https://www.alumni.psu.edu/lionlinkprojects