As you are applying for jobs and internships in Nittany Lion Careers please be aware of the policies in place to ensure a smooth recruiting process for both students and employers!
The policy states that you will “maintain [your] commitments to potential employers with regard to (but not limited to) scheduled interviews, accepted offers, and start dates. Unprofessional behavior on [your] part, including but not limited to, missing interviews without notifying employers or reneging on job offers, may result in removal of [your] Nittany Lion Careers privileges.” When you use Nittany Lion Careers you are agreeing to these policies.
Talent acquisition professionals were surveyed across all industries to gather interview scheduling statistics.
Did you know?
- Average time to-hire across all industries is 3-4 weeks
- On average, recruiters are spending ⅔ of their overall hiring time on the interview process.
- 67% of respondents say it takes between 30 minutes and 2 hours to schedule a single interview.
(Information by Yello 2020 Interview Scheduling Statistics)
- If you are no longer interested in a position you applied for on Nittany Lion Careers, and the position is still open you can withdraw your application – no further information needed
- If the position has closed and you have been selected to sign up for an interview time slot, you can decline the invitation to interview by selecting that option in the Nittany Lion Careers system, or by simply responding back to the email invitation.
- Be sure you are checking your email on a regular basis to ensure you respond in a timely manner (max. 2 business days).
- Make sure you have a voicemail that is set up, and a professional message recorded.
If you have any questions about this process please let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment with a Career Coach on Nittany Lion Careers.