LinkedIn Salary is a tool that provides detailed breakdowns of salary by job title and location.
Your job search is as easy as filtering by title and location.
LinkedIn Salary is free average salary comparison tool to help users understand the various attributes that impact pay, so they can make more informed career decisions. The tool shares salary insights for specific job titles, and different factors that impact pay scale: location, years of experience, industry, company size, and education level. LinkedIn also uses this data to provide personalized features and recommendations.
Types of Insights Available on LinkedIn Salary
On LinkedIn Salary, you can find aggregate salary information and trends that can help you compare your earning potential to others in the same or similar role. You can also explore compensation for other roles and locations as well.
After you enter your salary details, you’ll can view what members earn on average for a specific role and city, broken down by:
- Base salary
- Total compensation
- Additional earnings such as annual bonus or sign-on bonus
You can use the Industry and Years of Experience filters to learn how these factors impact pay for a given title. Whether you’re just starting out or are an entrepreneur, you can filter your settings.
In addition, you’ll also see the following, based on the type of data available:
- Company salaries:Dive into company level insight pages to explore how salaries vary at different corporations.
- Factors that may impact salary:Learn how certain aspects such as company size, industry, education level, and field of study can impact your salary for a given title in a region.
- Top-paying locations:Discover which locations pay the most for a title, and see the number of job openings there.
- Open jobs:We’ll also show you current open jobs for your role and location that have been posted on LinkedIn. You can also look into freelance opportunities.
Dig into insights, such as size and average salary.
To build this data, users must first submit their average salary information. When submitting one’s salary, they can also add additional compensation details such as a sign-on bonus or company shares provided.