Have you recently received an unsolicited email offering you an opportunity for employment? While it’s likely that you’ll be contacted by many legitimate companies over email, it is also likely that you will be contacted by illegitimate companies/scammers. Here’s what you can look for in a potential scam:
- Request for personal identifying information, such as a social security number
- “No interview/meeting necessary!”
- Request for you to send money, either via money order or through your bank account
- Misspellings and poor grammar
- Interest in knowing your address
- Lack of contact information for more information OR a generic email address/voicemail is given
When in doubt, please contact our office to evaluate any emails you receive!